Whenever I think of or see the recipe for this Cobb Salad dip, I think of Cobb’s Hill, my regular running spot. That’s ironic since eating dip is a reason for me to go running. This recipe from Chow is completely worth every calorie though.
I doubled the recipe for a larger group and added some tomatoes to the recipe. Here’s what you’ll need for a single batch:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt (I used half that amount)
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 4 slices of bacon, well-browned and crumbled
- ¼ cup of diced tomato
- Celery sticks or crackers for serving
Mix the sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice, salt, parsley and Worcestershire in a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
For maximum crispness, I recommend baking the bacon on a foil lined pan at 350 degrees until crisp and placing it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain the grease.
While the Chow recipe calls for folding the avocado and scallions into the dip, I just topped it with the avocado, scallions, bacon and diced tomatoes.